Jan 24, 2011 Celebrity Weddings
Neelam Kothari and Samir Soni had a quiet wedding ceremony after which they hosted a post-wedding party for their industry friends. Neelam looked sweet in a beige saree with a red border and Samir wore a classic formal suit.
Aarti and Kailash Surendranath, Raveena and Anil Thadani
Anu and Sunny Dewan, Sonali Bendre and Goldie Behl
Seema and Sohail Khan, Maheep and Sanjay Kapoor
Karisma Kapoor, Farah Khan Ali, Sophie Choudry
Amrita Arora Ladak, Laila Khan
Style Divas- the glamorous, chic women captured at the most fashionable, exclusive dos. Diligent followers keep track of the Divas who represent ultra modern, cosmopolitan and super-rich Indians. All the Divas are or look super-rich, and magazines/ newspapers love to feature them. But most Divas despite their strong identity don’t make lot of money in their independent avatar. Or even in the businesses they independently pursue. They are rich by birth or marriage and obsessed with glamour, luxury and style. Perhaps, that is
what makes her a Style Diva– a woman who does not work hard to make money or more of it; she is the woman who only works hard to look glamorous, always.
Our five favorite Style Divas.
1. Rita Dhody: the very glamorous, enigmatic woman also well known as Raja Dhody’s first wife. Many have a soft corner for the naturopath and can’t help wonder the irony in the glamorous world of page 3, picture perfect couples— and how Raja Dhody left Rita and her two children to pursue a romance and marry Queenie Dhody.
2. Queenie Dhody: Mumbai’s style icon. Feature Queenie’s picture on a glossy or newspaper page and the page will definitely look good. Many page 3 women, aspiring divas and divas work hard to emulate or
dethrone Queenie. But Queenie continues to reign supreme.
3. Anu Dewan: Once considered to be just another industrialist wife with a fondness for designer clothes and parties, heads turn when the impeccably dressed diva reaches a venue—with or without her powerful husband (HDIL’s Sunny Dewan) or bollywood friends.
4. Simone Singh: The svelte, petite model turned actress always wears a fresh and vibrant, happy and energetic look. Refreshingly different from all other models and television actresses, the articulate Simone stands out as a woman of style and substance.
5. Kalyani Chawla: the Kolkata bred Bengali beauty quickly made a mark in Delhi, the city where the swish set does not easily embrace outsiders. A few years ago when she won a coveted job with Dior, it was considered a big professional achievement; despite the job, she continues to lead her hectic social life making regular appearances at Delhi’s high profile do’s.