Shilpa’s sexy two piece outfit in gold with Swarovski-encrusted bodysuit along with a satin sari-style gown, would have been perfect for a Red Carpet. For a wedding reception, the world expected more from Shilpa Shetty. Maybe Shilpa was going for an edgy look for the grand finale@ Grand Hyatt– after wearing stuff heavy and bright for the wedding and pre-wedding functions. But its her day and we gotta say that she did look good!
We loved Mehr’s traditional lehenga (a Tarun Tahiliani, we are sure) — and she looked rather fetching in it.
Haseena Jethmalani was dressed most appropriately for a reception—a rich velvet blouse and a white saree that looked oh-so-gorgeous!
Shabana Azmi’s beautiful black saree, we like!
Rani Mukerjee’s pretty pink Manish Malhotra saree with a classy beige-brown border.
Kalyani was chic in the lovely white lehenga.
Gauri Khan’s saree with an over-dose of floral elements
Suzanne Khan’s white ensemble- what is it? A saree, a lehenga, a gown? We are foxed!
Shamita Shetty’s saree by Manish Malhotra—too much bling!
Amisha, Amisha, what do we say!
Style Divas- the glamorous, chic women captured at the most fashionable, exclusive dos. Diligent followers keep track of the Divas who represent ultra modern, cosmopolitan and super-rich Indians. All the Divas are or look super-rich, and magazines/ newspapers love to feature them. But most Divas despite their strong identity don’t make lot of money in their independent avatar. Or even in the businesses they independently pursue. They are rich by birth or marriage and obsessed with glamour, luxury and style. Perhaps, that is
what makes her a Style Diva– a woman who does not work hard to make money or more of it; she is the woman who only works hard to look glamorous, always.
Our five favorite Style Divas.
1. Rita Dhody: the very glamorous, enigmatic woman also well known as Raja Dhody’s first wife. Many have a soft corner for the naturopath and can’t help wonder the irony in the glamorous world of page 3, picture perfect couples— and how Raja Dhody left Rita and her two children to pursue a romance and marry Queenie Dhody.
2. Queenie Dhody: Mumbai’s style icon. Feature Queenie’s picture on a glossy or newspaper page and the page will definitely look good. Many page 3 women, aspiring divas and divas work hard to emulate or
dethrone Queenie. But Queenie continues to reign supreme.
3. Anu Dewan: Once considered to be just another industrialist wife with a fondness for designer clothes and parties, heads turn when the impeccably dressed diva reaches a venue—with or without her powerful husband (HDIL’s Sunny Dewan) or bollywood friends.
4. Simone Singh: The svelte, petite model turned actress always wears a fresh and vibrant, happy and energetic look. Refreshingly different from all other models and television actresses, the articulate Simone stands out as a woman of style and substance.
5. Kalyani Chawla: the Kolkata bred Bengali beauty quickly made a mark in Delhi, the city where the swish set does not easily embrace outsiders. A few years ago when she won a coveted job with Dior, it was considered a big professional achievement; despite the job, she continues to lead her hectic social life making regular appearances at Delhi’s high profile do’s.