Aug 28, 2011 Destination Weddings
Your dream wedding venue is a Palace, but you wish to have an intimate affair, and not a big fat wedding. Wedding Planner Sonia Kaul writes about some beautiful palaces, which would make for the perfect wedding venue.
1. Balsamand Lake Palace (Jodhpur) – Built in red sandstone it was initially conceived as a summer retreat of the Maharaja of Jodhpur. It overlooks the still and clear Balsamand lake which was artificially created in the 13th century which compliments the lush green lawns and staggered terrace gardens. Perfect for a lavish Sangeet.
2. Khimsar Fort and Sand Dunes (Khimsar) – The Fort borders the stark and arid Thar Desert, cocooned with an 11 acre oasis of lush lawns. Open spaces, courtyards, stone carved exteriors and arches is what sets this fort apart from the rest. What makes this destination even more special is the fact that you can also soak in the heritage of Rajasthan by having an evening at the sand dunes which is just a short drive away from the fort. Perfect for a ‘mela theme’ Mehendi.
3. Fernhill Palace (Ooty) – Sprawled over 50 acres of beautiful lawns which gives you ample space to host a lavish wedding. The palace has a magnificent ballroom with a highly valued ornamental papier-mâché ceiling. Ideal for an elegant and sophisticated wedding.
4. Lallgarh Palace (Bikaner) – This luxury palace hotel has played host to a number of dignitaries from all over the world. This palace with its rich heritage and magnificent craftsmanship has been picturesquely created to celebrate your royal wedding. For a “maharaja – maharani” theme wedding!
5. Woodville Palace (Shimla)– This is a rather unique venue if you wish to host an intimate, fun wedding in the hills! Having partly planned and organized my brother’s wedding at this venue, I can state through personal experience that it truly has a special aura around it, to make your day more than special! Perfect for a “vintage Bollywood meets vintage Hollywood” theme reception!
To know more about these properties visit www.welcomheritagehotels.com!