A good portrait photo is a result of combined effort of you and the photographer. Here are a few guidelines you can follow to get the best portrait photos for your matrimonial profile.
- Wear clothes that reflect your personality and you feel comfortable in.
- Bring multiple outfits. It allows you options Ė you may not know what color and clothes look better on you in photos.
- Strong primary colors such as red, stripes, busy patterns and large prints create distractions and take attention away from the person. If you donít know what your best colors are, burgundy, rust, olive green, turquoise blue, copper, navy are always good picks for women.
- Men should dress as if they are going out to a formal event. Solid dark clothing works best Ė make sure its well ironed. Long sleeved shirt and trousers are a great choice. If you are wearing a suit, make sure the tie compliments and not overpowers the look.
- Be sure the clothes you select fit properly, especially the collars, shoulders and necklines.
- Dark clothes will help to make you look thin.
- Remember itís not a fashion shoot, pick appropriate clothes that you wonít feel embarrassed about when you finally see the photos.
- Keep jewelry simple and to a minimum.
- Wear your hair in your normal style. It should look natural.
- Do not change a new hairstyle right before your portrait session. If you want to get a haircut, schedule it one week prior to your portrait session.
- Men should be clean-shaven or facial hair should be well-trimmed.
- Most important thing to remember for women is that your skin should have a natural, smooth appearance after the makeup has been applied. Cakey makeup looks bad in photos and it is far easier for a photographer to retouch blemishes and scar than to fix a whole face of cakey makeup.
- Your makeup worn should be non-reflective. Avoid makeup with glitter.
- Your nails might show in some portraits. Be sure fingernails are polished and shaped.
- Get your makeup professionally applied if you donít feel confident doing it yourself and tell them you need natural makeup for your portrait session.
To get the best portrait photos, visit a good photographer or studio. See his work and brief him about your expectations. Proceed with the shoot only if you're comfortable with him.
Don't be in a hurry to finish the shoot. If the photographer is very busy or if you're stressed or impatient, you won't get good results. Be calm, relaxed and enjoy the experience!