Swathi, a Banker and Kairav, a Consultant with Accenture Business
Consulting were MBA batchmates. They got engaged in May 2010 and tied
the knot in Mumbai on 5th May 2011.
The Decision– 12 Night Royal Caribbean Cruise across the
After getting engaged, we started looking at various options like
Switzerland, Italy, Cyprus and islands like Seychelles, Maldives, etc.
But we wanted an experience that we would remember forever and we
thought why not go for the cruise! We fancied going on the
Mediterranean cruise due to the variety and beauty it had to offer. We
shortlisted some, based on the dates factor, and the feedback on the
web, and then we saw the 12 night Royal Caribbean itinerary which
covered Spain, France, Italy and Greece. We knew this is it!
What we loved– almost Everything!
The cruise had excellent service, comfortable rooms, variety of
buffets all day round, wonderful live entertainment shows and many
relaxing pools! We loved the coastline in the French Riviera, were
excited to walk on Monaco Grand Prix Track, took in the beautiful
architectural wonders of Florence, Pisa and Athens and were bowled
over by the beauty of Santorini and Amalfi!
We took guided tours in Rome, Vatican City and Ephesus (Turkey) and
the hop-on-hop-off buses in Nice & Barcelona.
1. Research well about the cruise lines (Princess, Royal
Celebrity) and places you plan to visit. The itinerary is the most
important part of the cruise vacation.
2. It’s easy to plan well and see the places on your own.
Hop-on-hop-off buses are very convenient. Take guided tours at places
where travelling on your own may be difficult (especially, Rome
our tour ensured we didn’t wait in lines to enter Colosseum or
3. There are cruises all year but spring & fall are considered
the best time
4. Take full advantage of the facilities onboard. Learn a new
go to dance classes, relax in Jacuzzi, enjoy the Broadway type shows
in the theatre and try various cuisines.
5. Have fun shopping in the duty free shops on the cruise-
6. Carry your walking shoes as this trip involves a lot of
walking at some ports
1. Acropolis, Colosseum and St. Peter’s Basilica are
2. Take a motorboat to Amalfi coast– one of the most
3. Go up to the Fira on a cable car at Santorini Island– one
steepest rides I have been on
4. For the F1 lovers, a visit to Monaco Grand Prix is a must!
For more details and pictures you can check our wedding website